Free Skin Cancer Screening
* One in five people in the U.S. will develop skin cancer in their lifetime.
* On average, one person dies of melanoma in the U.S. every hour.
* Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer in the U.S., but is almost always treatable if found early.
* Get a free skin cancer screening by a UVA dermatologist, and learn how to protect yourself and your family from skin cancer.
Screenings are recommended for people:
* Frequently exposed to the sun and UV light
* Who have a family history of skin cancer
* With a mole that has changed in shape, color or size, or a sore that won’t heal
Call 800.223.9173 to register. This event is free, but you must schedule an appointment in advance.
Bring a baseball cap or visor to exchange for a new sun hat, while supplies last.
Location: UVA Dermatology Clinic, 3rd floor Primary Care Center, 1221 Lee Street, Charlottesville, VA
Parking is always free for patients in the Lee and 11th Street garages. Get directions and parking information: https://uvahealth.com/locations/profile/dermatology