Volunteers are needed now more than ever. Would you give a little of your time to make our community even better? The following message is from Martha Williams at JABA.
Everyone of you who give your time in service to others have many reasons to feel good at the end of the day. We here at JABA cannot thank you enough for volunteering in programs that promote healthy aging and make our community a great place to live.I wanted to share with you some opportunities for service at JABA and in our community. If you are interested in any of these positions, just e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 434-817-5245.
- Insurance Counselors Do you have 3 hours a week for 6 weeks to help people navigate Medicare prescription drug coverage? Help others and learn a new skill at the same time!
- FISH Tutor Work one-on-one with young students to improve their reading, math and social skills.
- Ombudsman Become a patient advocate for residents of long-term care facilities. This commitment is 4 hours a week and a new training class is beginning in October.
- Friendly Visitor A gentleman in Scottsville whose wife died 5 years ago and is very lonely and needs someone to talk to.
- H1N1 Volunteer The Thomas Jefferson Health Department is looking for volunteers to staff their upcoming vaccination clinics. They are looking for clinicians (MDs, NPs, and RN’s) as well as clerical help.
- Front Desk Assistants The Piedmont Family YMCA and Virginia Workforce Center are both looking for volunteers. Share your friendly personality and professional manner to help these JABA volunteer partners in the community.
- Alzheimer’s Association Memory Walk is on Saturday, September 26, at the Doubletree Hotel. If you are interested in helping this worthy cause, contact Lisa Ferrari directly at email@example.com or 434-973-6122.
Thank you, Volunteers!
JABA’s mission is to promote, establish and preserve sustainable communities for healthy aging that benefit individuals and families of all ages.