Serving on City of Charlottesville Boards and Commissions is an excellent way to learn more about how government works.
You might be interested in some of the opportunities listed below.
The City of Charlottesville provides a wide variety of Boards and Commissions that encourages its members to participate in discussions that affect and shape the future of our City.
We believe it is not only the right, but the responsibility of interested and capable citizens to become engaged in local government policy by advising the Mayor and City Council on important community-related issues.
Serving on a Board or Commission is an excellent way to make a personal contribution to Charlottesville’s growth and can be a rewarding experience for everyone!
BECOME INVOLVED IN YOUR COMMUNITY
Applications are being accepted for the following boards and commissions appointed by City Council:
- Board of Architectural Review (licensed architect)
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport Authority (joint City-County appointee who also serves on the Airport Commission)
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport Commission (1 City representative and 1 joint City-County appointee who also serves on the Airport Authority)
- Community Development Block Grant Task Force (Rose Hill
- Dialogue on Race Steering Committee
- Housing Advisory Committee (banker or citizen at large)
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee
- Personnel Appeals Board
- Police Advisory Panel
- Rivanna Solid Waste Advisory Committee
For an application call 970-3113 or e-mail email@example.com. Preference is given to residents of the City of Charlottesville or may be required. The deadline for receipt of applications is Thursday, October 29. Preference is given to residents of the City of Charlottesville or may be required.