Here are some new opportunities for getting involved in our extended community:
- A gentleman in Dyke is in need of assistance with yard work
- Lunch server and assistant are needed in several of our community centers. Hours and days vary
- Garden coordinator at Mary Williams Community center for our new community garden
- Home Delivered Meals driver for Nelson County
- Administrative help at JABA assisting with our front desk at our Hillsdale Drive office
- Senior Community Service Employee Program (SCSEP) – Part time training program for folks 55+ with incomes no more than 25% over the federal poverty level. Opportunities available.
- Senior Sweetheart Beauty Pageant, April 1 at Louisa County Community Center.
- VSA Art Quilt and Panel Discussion “The love of quilting panel discussion and quilt square activity”, Friday, April 23 at Mary Williams Community Center, 10 am to 12:30. $5 Donation appreciated by not required. Pizza lunch from 12 to 12:30 pm.Mildred Spicer, Theresa Cornwell & Yvonne Shackelford will discuss why they quilt and show their quilts followed by Cathy Kiehl leading participants in making an art quilt square.
- On April 27th, Dr. Weiss, an optometrist from the Weiss Douglas Dr & Victoria practice in Palmyra will visit the Fluvanna County Community Center to discuss proper eye care and eye issues that arise as a result of the aging process. Open to the community! 10 am.
- The Louisa County Community Center is looking for a guitar to be donated to the center. They have a gentleman who plays, but need a guitar. It can be dropped off at any of our locations.
674 Hillsdale Dr. Ste 9
Charlottesville, VA 22901